26 November 2020
- Watermelon Christmas Trees
- ¼ of whole seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup favourite yoghurt
Cut the watermelon into slices, and then cut each slice in half - To make the base of the Christmas tree, slice the watermelon rind into thirds and then trim off the pieces for the tree trunk in the middle. Place your Christmas trees on a lined tray that will fit in the freezer. Add yoghurt to a piping bag and decorate your trees. Place tray in the freezer and allow the yoghurt to freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Festive Skewers
Slice the bananas and place on skewers, add half a strawberry for hats and decorate with grapes or marshmallows. Decorate the banana body with raisins or sprinkles and smarties.
- Rudolph Sticks
- Celery ribs, ends trimmed and cut in half
- Peanut butter
- Pretzels, cut in half
- Homemade icing & choc chip googly eyes
- Fresh raspberries
- Pita Christmas Trees
- Flavoured or plain pita bread or pita pockets
- Cup fat-free sour cream
- Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- Cup very finely chopped red bell pepper
- Pretzels or bread stick
Cut each pita fold into wedges. Insert half pretzel stick or bread stick into centre of bottom of each wedge to form tree trunk.
In small bowl, mix sour cream, guacamole, parsley and garlic-pepper blend. Spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture on each pita wedge.
Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon bell pepper on each wedge or arrange to form a garland.
5. Reindeer Sandwiches
- Slices of bread Sandwich filling
- Chocolate chips
- Red Smarties
- Round and heart-shape cookie cutters
Posted by Miss Edmunds